Excessive sweating is a problem of many people, especially in the hot season. The unpleasant odor is absorbed into the clothes and does not always disappear even after washing. Do not rush to throw away your favorite things - there are several simple but effective ways to help put your clothes in order.
How to remove sweat from clothes
Washable with fresh dirt. To remove a strong smell, it is recommended to soak things before putting them into the machine for 15-20 minutes in warm water with the addition of washing powder, laundry soap or soda. After soaking, things can be washed manually or using an automatic machine. When choosing the second option, select the appropriate washing mode:
- for delicate materials - delicate washing;
- for woolen products - “wool wash” mode;
- for cotton, linen and other types of fabrics, the usual mode with heating water to 60 degrees is suitable.
Clothes that smelled of sweat should be dried after washing in a well-ventilated area or outside. If things are colored, turn them on the wrong side before hanging them in the sun - this will prevent the color from fading, if drying takes place with the windows closed, iron the things after ironing, after covering with gauze moistened with vinegar.
What to wash off
The choice of household chemicals for washing is very wide, but in order to remove a strong amber, experts recommend giving preference to proven powders - Ariel, Frosch, Tide. To pre-soak laundry, you can use soda, gel or dishwashing detergent. Well-proven oxygen stain removers:
- Chirton Oxygen;
- Typhoon Oxy Pro;
- Vanish Oxi Action;
How to remove the sweaty odor from your clothes
The following recipes perfectly help get rid of an inveterate smell:
- On problem areas, apply a 9% solution of table vinegar. If the area is small, it is more convenient to do this with a cotton pad or spray gun. Leave on for 10 minutes, then wash and ventilate the item. If necessary, add a little citric acid to vinegar.
- To remove odor from white items, use ammonia. Make a concentrated brine, stirring 1 tbsp. l salt and a half cup of warm water. Add to it 1 tsp. ammonia. Apply the mixture on a cloth, leave for 10 minutes, then rinse.
- Salt will help remove the amber from natural fabrics. 2 tbsp. l Dissolve the salts in a glass of water, with a cotton pad, treat problem areas. Leave the composition for 10-15 minutes.
How to refresh clothes without washing
When you are on a trip, outdoors or on a business trip, washing things is not always possible, especially if it is outerwear. It’s not necessary to endure the fetid amber; there are a lot of ways to help put things in order. They are easy to use, do not require large expenses, but will only help with fresh contaminants.
Dry methods will help to remove the smell from clothes outside the house:
- Baking soda. It is evenly distributed over the material, rubbing slightly. Leave for 20 minutes, then sweep away the remains with a brush.
- Cold. Wrap the item tightly with polyethylene or fold it into a bag. Place the bundle in the freezer for 2-3 hours. The cold will kill the bacteria and remove the unpleasant fragrance.
- Vodka. Alcohol is mixed with water in proportions of 1 to 1. The armpit zone is treated with the finished mixture. Things are allowed to dry completely, then steamed with an iron.
Odor for clothes
In the store you can also find various sprays and deodorants from unpleasant amber. The most popular of them:
The spray destroys unpleasant odors by chemically bonding molecules and converting them to crystalline powder.
Spray spray on things or shoes. Leave on for 20-30 minutes, then rinse.
480 grams - 269 p.
A deodorant conditioner to give a pleasant aroma and freshness to things. One package is designed to handle 100 shirts.
To remove the smell of sweat, shake the bottle, spray on a cloth. Laundry is not necessary.
80 ml - 1400 r.
Organic deodorant spray does not contain chemicals, kills bacteria, removes the unpleasant odor of sweat.
Spray the product at a distance of 20 cm. Iron the item as usual.
500 ml - 100 rubles.
If outerwear later smelled, it is not worth experimenting - it is better to trust the professionals, handing the thing in dry cleaning. The average cost of services of such agencies in Moscow:
Textiles and knitwear
Leather or suede
How to protect clothes from sweat
To prevent unpleasant odors on things, always follow these tips:
- After a shower, always use a deodorant. It will block the sebaceous glands.
- Change clothes regularly; do not wear one T-shirt or shirt several times.
- Wash things immediately after wearing. The fabric is quickly absorbed by all unpleasant odors, which will be more difficult to remove over time.
- After wear, hang outer clothing on the balcony, and in summer store in separate covers.